Share

Monday, August 25, 2014

"What you focus on expands" Oprah

"What you focus on.....Expands"  Oprah Winfrey

This simple quote has made a huge impact on my life:

There are times in our lives when our hearts, souls, spirits and minds do need to dwell and live in a moment. Grieving the loss of a loved one is such a time and we cannot rush along the process or push it through faster. I had a good friend share with me during my grief, "you can't go around it; you can't go over it; you can't go under it...You are going to have to go through it."  That was a profound truth.

In other aspects of my life, I often think twice before repeating a negative situation that I encountered that morning. Why?  When I take the time to repeat that story, I am re-living that event and it is happening again all over in my mind, in my heart and in my cells.  I ask myself, "Do I want to re-live that moment again by re-telling it?"   ....Sometimes the answer is....Yes.  Sometimes we do need to re-live a situation in the re-telling because we are trying to understand, to make sense of and to process what happened.  Other times, I know the best answer for my future is "No".  No, I don't need to go back over that ground and grind in the wheel marks in the soil deeper and deeper.  Sometimes it is healthier to keep going and not look back...

On a positive note, this is a powerful quote that has guided me in working towards many big accomplishments in my business.  I have realized that putting a lot of focus on a particular goal and honing in on that goal with a vision board or a goal sheet or a written plan (or all three) are powerful tools I use to focus on reaching that all-important goal in my life.  I will share that all three times I have earned our company's Incentive Spa Trip, I did focus a huge amount of effort on the plan, my action steps, following through and envisioning what it would feel like to reach that specific goal.

It is a great reminder to myself that what I "focus on expands" because it can occur in a positive light or in a negative light. I do my best to keep my daily stories, my re-tellings of events, and even my own thoughts of a positive nature because those are the things that are going to take up the most real estate in my mind. Those are the things that I can choose to give power to or else put out the flame on that candle if they are not helpful, supportive or encouraging.

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."  Philippians 4:8 

What are your thoughts on the concept of:  "What you focus on expands"? Please share below in the comments:

Copyright 2014: all rights reserved. If you would like to share this post, please include all information through the disclaimer below to avoid plagiarizing.  Thank you--  

Enjoy visiting my business page:  Enjoy my Online Spa Shop at this Link

or Find me on Facebook here:   Lemongrass Jill Facebook Business Page

Disclaimer:  this blog is not to be interpreted as medical advice and instead highlights my personal experiences.  Thank you,  Lemongrass Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment