Share

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Starting something new

Here we go! I have been wanting to set up a blog for a long time and have had plenty of encouragement, but alas, things have gotten in the way such as diapers that needed changing, laundry that needed folding, orders that needed to be entered, phone calls that needed to be returned.... Questions that stopped me: Will I know enough "technical" info to start a blog? Will I have enough to say? Will anyone read it? Sometimes that list of self doubt just gets longer instead of shorter. Do you agree?

Today was the day that I decided all of those "reasons" were less important than my desire to start my own blog. So, here we go! I hope you will join me on this journey and that you will be encouraged, inspired, that you will learn something new or even just have a shift in thinking. I love to learn new things and my hope is that you do as well.

Here we go with post number one and I will leave you with some inspiration from Marianne Williamson:

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”Marianne Williamson, Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles"









2 comments:

  1. Jill, I just discovered your blog. Congratulations on not letting your self doubt stop you! You have a great way of expressing yourself and and a lot of knowledge to share with the world. I love the quote from Marianne Williamson, it's one of my favorites. I look forward to reading more of your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda for your support. That quote is a favorite of mine as well-- Thank you!

      Delete