Share

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Yummy Vegan Minestrone Soup

Today's lunch was a delicious vegan minestrone soup and it didn't take a lot of time to prepare and we have at least one more meal still in the pot. Don't you just love it when you cook once and have two meals prepared? I do! It makes me even happier when a recipe is quick and easy because I am not a gourmet cook and I don't appreciate being in the kitchen for hours upon hours.


One of my favorite cookbooks is by Pampered Chef and it is their Vegetarian Table cookbook. Although I am not a vegetarian, I prefer to eat more meat-less meals in a week than those with meat for health reasons. My daughter is vegan so we didn't have to deviate from this recipe to keep it friendly for her and it was delicious.

If you don't have a Pampered Chef consultant, and would love to order this cookbook, I have added three direct links for three of my friends who sell Pampered Chef below. Every single recipe I have tried in this book is excellent and worth repeating. I have to share that even my meat-eating boys in the house love these recipes.



Note: we did not have any Farro at home (but had all the other ingredients) so we substituted with Rotini Gluten-Free Pasta and also added some Risotto. We chose to add one cup of the Rotini and 1/2 cup of the Risotto.
We also went ahead and added double of the carrots and celery to make it a little tastier. In fact, I'm not sure that I have ever had Farro in my pantry so I will have to check that out next time I shop. One thing I learned one summer working for a caterer is to "go with it" and use the ingredients you have on hand. This was absolutely delicious with the gluten-free rotini.


Here are three Pampered Chef friend's websites if you want to peruse their cookbook selections:

https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/dawnavery

https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/AliciaS

https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/loriholstein




Copyright 2016: all rights reserved. If you copy and share this post, you must include all information posted here through the full disclaimer (below).

Thank you for "liking" my business page to stay in touch: www.Facebook.com/LemongrassJill
Enjoy perusing my online catalog of healthy head to toe necessities here if you want to learn more about our line: www.OurLemongrassSpa.com/Jill

Disclaimer: this blog post is not to be interpreted or used as medical advice or expertise. I am highlighting or sharing my personal experience in this blog so please know that individual results may vary or differ.

No comments:

Post a Comment